Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Thanks for the Memories, Jimmy!

Tonight I came across a reference to Jimmy Eat World, and I had a moment of appreciation.  Since high school, I've really enjoyed Jimmy Eat World's music.  My junior and senior years of high school, I wore out this album:

I have plenty of great memories of me and friends in the car rolling down the southern California freeways with the windows down and the stereo up to full blast with some Bleed American playing.  I'm pretty positive I wore the CD out from so many times of playing it. 

Then, the first CD I got when I returned home from my LDS mission was Jimmy's latest (at the time) album:

Futures
My friend Rachel gave it to me, and I was so excited when I saw it! That CD also provided me with many great drives, several of which came on cool, California nights with crisp ear coming in my window  as I drove home thinking about the events of my life and the possibilities ahead. I loved the excitement I felt on some of those drives when I thought of the unknown in the next few years ahead of me! 

It was really nice to be reminded of Jimmy Eat World tonight, because it made me remember how much I love these albums and then how much I love the memories attached to them.  I've been feeling in a bit of a rut the past couple of days, and thinking about the fun times in the past with the songs made me a little nostalgic, but also excited for the next album (Whether it be Jimmy Eat World or whoever) that will act as a soundtrack to the good times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment