Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Excerpts from my day...

Two of my favorite moments from the day were:

1) When I went to use the restroom and one of the waterless urinals had a graphic of a bee buzzing around right where an individual might aim for...I still haven't been able to make the connection as to why the bee is in the urinal. Last I checked I was not pumping out honey...if you know what I mean.

2) As I was waiting for one of my classes to start, most of the students were prepping for a grammar quiz that we were going to be required to complete.  One of the students I overheard said something to the effect of, "Apparently we're supposed to be English majors."...the thought that came to mind was, "Nope, but you should be expected to answer basic questions about your native language. Especially when you'll be writing your capstone paper in this class!"

Perhaps that is close-minded of me (the second item, not the first) however, I'm okay with that.

That is all...

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree that people should be able to answer questions about grammar...for their own language! What I don't understand is how people make it through college without being able to do so. Way to stand up for the actual English majors out there. :)

    ReplyDelete