Sunday, November 21, 2010

Follow Through

One of my greatest weaknesses is lack of persistence. I do not seem to have the capacity to follow through on things long term. I start out focusing on something, but in time, it always fades to the background. It's true, I tell you!

For example, I go on stints of working out, but it always eventually fades into the background until the next time I have the re-realization that I want to be fit and in shape. I'll go for months at a time to the gym, and then will do nothing for months. Same with spiritual goals or just life goals.

It's not that I don't have good intentions, but somehow I have not been successful in learning the art of follow through. I always get distracted. So I made the goal that I am going to do better. I am going to master the art of following through!...now comes the tricky part. How do I follow through on mastering the art of follow through, if I don't know how to follow through? I truly don't know. Do you?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on that one, bud. I think a big part of it is to remember that you have people who love you and want you to succeed; people whom you can lean on, rely on, to help you be successful. That's how I've made some of the biggest strides of my life over the last few years. Thanks for that, by the way.

    ReplyDelete