Sunday, December 5, 2010

Crunch Time





This is my poor baby after I rear ended a truck yesterday afternoon.  Fortunately, my car didn't seem to sustain much damage other than body damage.  It'll still cost me the deductible and what not, but I'm confident I'll have her back to running and looking great within a couple of weeks tops.

What was really a positive experience for me with this crash is that I realized that while I do love my car, I also realize that it's only a car.  Reflecting back on the experience, the greatest thing I took away from it is knowing that there are things that matter much more in life than my car, or material belongings. They'll come and they'll go, and yeah, I'll appreciate many of them while I have them, but the bottom line is that they're just nice-ties...with that being said, I'm glad I'll still be appreciating my car for many years to come!

2 comments:

  1. oh no!!!! Are you ok?!?!?! I'm so sorry - unplanned for expenses are never fun or easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, just fine. Thanks for asking, Lisa. However, apparently I damaged the car A LOT more than I originally thought. No worries though, I still only have to pay the $500 deductible AND my insurance is paying for me to drive around in a nice car until I get mine back. Thank goodness for great insurance!

    ReplyDelete