Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trippin'

I just got back from D.C. yesterday and it was an awesome trip! I was there for 8 days and loved each and every day.  One of my best friends, Billy, is out there doing some internships so my other buddy, Ray, and I decided to head out and see the sights...and visit Billy of course.  What made the trip even more enjoyable was that Billy's sister Tina met us out there with her friend Rachel.  The four of us did the tourist thing by day and were able to spend time with Billy at night. 


Highlights:
  • Tennis (3 times, baby!)
  • Being rained on while walking back from the FDR monument (seriously, I enjoyed it, oddly enough)
  • Being whistled at on the bus by a girl who can't really whistle, bless her heart
  • The Ford Theater Museum
  • Theodore Roosevelt Island
  • Hanging out with great friends, making a new one, and forgetting about my responsibilities.

I also learned that I do not care to be a museum goer on a frequent basis.  I appreciate artists' ability to create art, to put into physical form what they see in their mind, to be able to express themselves. I appreciate all of these things.  However, I don't enjoy sitting and looking at most of their stuff.  No offense if you're an artist.

Overall, I loved seeing the buildings and the neighborhoods around D.C.  I love seeing new mixed with old. The character of the area is awesome!

I endorse this message.







No comments:

Post a Comment