Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crossing Thought


Have you ever burned the bridge on a relationship, whether friendship or romantic, that you've ended up regretting down the road? I was on Facebook tonight and noticed the name of a girl that I tried pursuing things with a few years back.  Didn't turn out. She wasn't interested. I tried maintaining a friendship hoping things might spark later on. She gave me a pretty good indicator that she had developed some interest...false alarm. I let my pride/hurt feelings get the best of me and eventually we didn't communicate anymore. Can't blame her. I think I was pretty awkward for her to communicate with after that.

Anyway, when I saw this girls name on Facebook earlier tonight, I checked out her FB page to see what she's up to these days. I even reached out to say "Hi", but I won't be surprised if I don't get a response. In the end, it probably really doesn't matter significantly.  I just hate looking back at what could have been good friendships had I handled things differently, only to see a chasm of missed opportunities.

Here's to crossing future bridges with more caution and care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment