Sunday, July 4, 2010

Family, Freedom & Carrie Underwood: God Bless America!


It's that time of year again; a time to celebrate America and all her glory!  This weekend is great the way the 4th is on Sunday so that the 5th is celebrated as the actual holiday.  This way,  we have a three day weekend.  Always a fan!  Fortunately, my older sister Aubrey and her family came up to visit for Friday and Saturday.  I was able to spend time with them, play some tennis and golf with my brother-in-law Mark and kiss my two  year old niece's cheeks a few times. They're some nice and chubby cheeks too. Perfect for kissing.  


Combine the great holiday weekend, with celebrating freedom, and spending time with family, and throw Carrie Underwood and her incredible performance at the Stadium of Fire into the mix and I'm not sure this weekend can get much better...unless Carrie decided that she wanted to marry me.  I'd definitely be willing to consider that option because I'm a good person like that.  I tell you what, that woman is one attractive and extremely talented individual.  She seems to be pretty bright and have her head on right, as well.  


Overall, life is good.  God has blessed me tremendously to allow me to live in such a wonderful nation that has been able to preserve its liberties through the selfless sacrifice of so many men and women in the armed forces.  I couldn't ask for a better family either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment