Monday, December 13, 2010

"Call to Arms" by Ryan Innes

As of today I've jumped on the Ryan Innes bandwagon.  The guy is a local musician who is incredible! He's on Itunes if you want to check him out, or just check out my Facebook profile.

Anyway, so Innes has a song titled "Call to Arms" in which one of the main lines is "falling in love is just a call to arms." When I heard it at first I had to laugh because I'm 100% certain that the couple of times that I can say I've actually been in love, any weapon I had got lost as it fell to the wayside while I tumbled head over heels down that slippery slope.  I listened to the song again though and really liked the message it puts across.  The song talks about how anyone worth falling in love with is worth fighting for and is worth putting yourself out there, being vulnerable all the while...okay, so I may have taken some creative license on that last little bit, but I'm confident that it's part of the message the song is delivering. I like that it seems to go against the grain of the "Hollywood romance/relationships are easy" portrayal that the media pushes so often, and that seems to be the mindset that so many people have.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm tainted myself and if that is what I'm looking for...time will tell, I guess. In the mean time, I really love this song!

No comments:

Post a Comment